TVH Americas (TVH), a global provider of quality replacement parts and accessories for the material handling and industrial equipment industries, now offers a selection of reversible, double-bevel, bolt-on cutting edges to help extend the life of light construction equipment buckets. Cutting edges are made with high-quality steel and come in an assortment of widths and lengths to accommodate a variety of bucket sizes. Bolt-on cutting edges offer many benefits, including:
- Reduced downtime – A bolt-on blade can be rotated or replaced in under an hour with basic hand tools.
- Twice the lifetime – A double-sided, or reversal, the blade can be rotated to give users essentially two blades in one.
- Less wear to the bucket – The blade also lifts the bottom up off the ground slightly, reducing the amount of drag and wear the bucket endures.
After a bolt-on cutting edge is selected and installed it’s important to take care of it. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of the blade once it’s installed.
- Rotate regularly – Users can choose to let one side wear down completely before reversing it, or they can rotate it regularly so that both sides wear down evenly.
- Use the correct bolts and nuts – It’s important to use high-quality bolts and nuts when attaching the blade. A grade 8 or higher is recommended. TVH carries a wide variety of nuts and bolts offering customers a one-stop-shopping experience.
- Check and tighten bolts regularly – Regularly checking the tightness of the bolts can prevent having to replace the blade unnecessarily early.
In addition to cutting edges, TVH offers over 600,000 part numbers for your light construction equipment, including skid steers, mini excavators, and compact track loaders. TVH’s lineup includes parts for many popular brands and models. With multiple distribution centers located throughout Canada, the United States, Mexico, and South America and next-day delivery on the majority of parts, TVH is the first choice for your light construction equipment needs.