SC1000 Relevation™ is the first and only battery-powered traction hoist on the market
Spider, part of BrandSafway’s Motorized Manufacturing Group, introduces the SC1000 Relevation™ hoist, the first and only UL-Listed, battery-powered traction hoist on the market.
As contractors and equipment operators know, power supply-related challenges and problems are the leading cause of lost productivity and downtime, resulting in increased direct costs on job sites across the country.
The SC1000 Relevation frees customers from the power constraints on their job sites and allows them to work independent of any site power problems or challenges, including:
- No site power is available, requiring a rental generator/compressor to power a swing stage
- No connection to site power ready, requiring an electrician and delay
- Low voltage and fluctuating power supply, leading to overheating of the hoist, intermittent operation, and lost productivity
- Troubleshooting visits to a job site, or delivery of boost transformers
- Damaged power cables, and lost time coiling and storing between shifts
Based on the proven Spider SC1000 hoist platform, the SC1000 Relevation features a portable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery with enough power for three hours of total travel time (up and down combined) at its rated 1000-lb load capacity. A five-amp wall charger recharges the battery to full capacity in less than eight hours. The battery is IP-64 rated and has been tested and approved for operation at temperatures from -4 to 140 °F (-20 to 60 °C).