- RED is an alarm condition signifying an emergency or hazardous situation.
- AMBER warns of an abnormal condition or an impending critical situation.
- GREEN represents normal machine or process operation or a non-hazardous environment.
- BLUE signifies an important/mandatory action that is not urgent, such as refilling a hopper with raw material or scheduling a service call.
- WHITE does not have any universal designation. It is often used for productivity monitoring.
All of these benefits are important, but they are commonplace for many other applications where LEDs have replaced incandescent bulbs. Perhaps the most significant advantage of the new generation of stack lights comes from the much smaller size of the LED elements compared to incandescent bulbs.