Delta-Q Technologies Releases New Software Capability
Delta-Q Technologies (Delta-Q), a leader in battery charging solutions for electric vehicles and industrial equipment, announced today its entry into mid-range power charging through its new stackable charging software. This software allows for two to six Delta-Q chargers to link together to create charging solutions that can deliver up to 7.5 kW.
Driven by changes in the market, Delta-Q designed the stackable charging system for OEMs in need of a charging solution that is modular, scalable and can be distributed across their vehicle or equipment. The stackable solution provides added flexibility in that it can be used as an onboard or offboard charger or as combination of the two. Further, the new stackable charger is ideal for electric vehicles in the urban mobility, utility, articulated booms, compact construction, and material handling industries.
“This launch is an exciting move for Delta-Q,” says Steve Blaine, executive vice president of engineering and quality. “With this new software, our products can scale across our customers’ electric product lines. OEMs will also have the flexibility to choose how they want to charge their products based on their needs.”
Key benefits of the stackable charging system include:
• Allows modular, scalable and rugged onboard and offboard battery charging solution delivering up to 7.5kW
• Offers CAN bus communication for BMS charge control, vehicle, and telematics system integration
• Supports charging from North American and European standard charging stations (EVSEs)
• Delivers precise charge of battery packs of various chemistries and voltages, up to 120 Vdc prolonging battery life while minimizing charge time
• Helps OEMs reduce SKU count and wiring infrastructure overhead costs
Delta-Q is now accepting sample requests and will start production of the stackable charging system in November 2019.