W&H Systems Introduces Next Generation Warehouse Control System With Increased Visibility & Control of Material Handling Processes
W&H Systems, Inc., a full-service integrator of conveyors and material handling systems with a state of the art Warehouse Control System (WCS), that improve fulfillment operations and achieve maximum warehouse efficiency, announces its next generation warehouse control system that will be introduced at ProMat 2013. The new W&H Systems WCS, named Shiraz, offers improved flexibility, increased visibility and control of processes, and better coordination of equipment control for higher throughput.
“Next generation warehouse control systems have expanded in functionality where they primarily served as the interface between the warehouse management system (WMS) and automated devices. Now they handle tasks that were customized in the WMS, such as order fulfillment, wave management, and planning,” said Rudi Lueg, Director of Technology at W&H Systems. “W&H Systems next generation WCS provides advanced wave and planning, generates real-time views of distribution center performance, and is extremely flexible to handle the dynamic, fast-paced operations within a warehouse.”
W&H Systems Warehouse Control System orchestrates material and information flow to order fulfillment technology and material handling equipment, providing real-time operations intelligence into warehousing processes. Key capabilities include relieving a customer host computer of managing a real-time material handling automation interface; maximizing system throughput and performance while utilizing the most efficient methods for pallet, case and item routing; and intelligent wave release, allowing the grouping of orders by common functionality to make order fulfillment as efficient and minimize bottlenecks.
W&H Systems next generation WCS provides:
- Improved visibility into operations in real-time, allowing managers to monitor equipment performance, facilitate troubleshooting, and keep downtime to a minimum.
- Flexibility to quickly respond to changes needed or alerts from high-speed equipment.
- Reliability with consistent access to real-time data to improve response times and adaptability.
- Easy integration with a variety of equipment and systems.
- Advanced diagnostic and reporting tools for instant problem solving and trend analysis.
- Streamlined execution of warehouse processes for greater efficiency and throughput.
- Runs on iPads and tablet PCs
The new WCS drives continuous operational improvement with unfettered visibility into warehouse operations, delivering actionable intelligence to perfect fulfillment operations.
For more information contact W&H Systems, Inc. at 201/635-3471 or visit www.whsystems.com