Stanley Proto Launches Electronic Fixed Ratcheting Head Torque Wrenches
Stanley Proto has added to its line of Electronic torque wrenches three new Fixed Ratcheting Head models. The new wrenches accept standard Proto sockets, and come in ¼”, 3/8”, and ½” drive versions with torque ranges from 25 in-lb (2.8 Nm) to 250 ft-lb (339 Nm).
Stanley® Proto® Fixed Ratcheting Head Torque Wrenches are accurate to within +/- 2% of indicated value in BOTH directions (compared to 4% clockwise and 6% counter clockwise on mechanical models). This broad accuracy range extends from 10% to 100% of Full Scale. In addition, ninety-nine "on-board" memory storage locations help improve efficiency when taking multiple torque readings.
The fixed ratcheting head features a robust 24-tooth design with a 15° arc swing, an alloy steel drive gear for strength and durability, a low profile design for easy access, and a reversing lever design to ease one-handed operation.
The torque wrenches come with many of the same features and benefits as Proto’s existing electronic torque wrenches. These include:
- An easy to read LCD Display with large digits.
- 3 units of measure available (ft-lb, in-lb, and Nm)
- A rotating head for easy viewing of the LCD display from any position.
- A fast sampling rate that ensures the wrench will measure peak torque the moment it’s reached.
- Track and Peak Hold modes as a standard feature. (In Track Mode the wrench displays real-time torque; in Peak mode it holds the highest measured torque until released.)
- Helpful visual and audible indicators: a green light appears and buzzer sounds when the target is reached; a red light appears with intermittent buzzer when it is over-torqued; an audible buzzer helps identify when desired torque target zones are approaching and met. These features are a benefit when working in low light conditions.
The new wrenches are ergonomically designed for user comfort, and operate on standard 9-volt batteries. They are manufactured to meet or exceed ASME B107.28.
Add On Software Available
Users also have the option of purchasing Proto® Software that allows for full two-way communication between the torque wrench and a personal computer. The software lets users download all data captured by the Torque Wrench directly into a spreadsheet: either all at once from on-board memory. It also allows for users to control all settings on the torque wrench either from the wrench or computer. The software comes on a CD, and includes a cable for connecting the torque wrench to the computer’s USB port.
Stanley Proto Industrial Tools has been making durable, high-quality hand tools for over 100 years, having grown from a small machine shop to a worldwide supplier. Our tools are developed according to strict ergonomic standards, with features that let users work faster and easier, including enhanced shock absorption and reduced slip. Markets including auto, steel, and airplane manufacturing plants, chemical plants, refineries, general manufacturing, transportation, and fleet maintenance for trucking, transit, and aircraft. For more information call 800/800-TOOL, or go to www.stanleyproto.com