Prevent Lift Truck Accidents
Collision Awareness LOOK OUT products alert workers
of dangerous collisions before they happen
Studies show that 40% of all forklift deaths are the result of a forklift truck hitting a human being. Collision Awareness introduces a line of plant and warehouse collision awareness products that warn pedestrians and operators of moving fork lift trucks.
These are some of the features of the Collision Awareness Look Out Intersection Protection:
- New state of the art sensors. Each sensor has 11 electronic eyes that fan out beams to read an area as large as 32 feet by 42 feet wide. Once two of the 11 eyes have been violated, the warning devices activate. This results in 99.9% detection.
- Unit mounts up, and out of the way
- No reflectors are required
- Nothing is attached to the forklifts
- Low voltage wiring eliminates the need for conduit. 24V transformer plugs into an overhead outlet power source.
- Super bright LED lights with 100,000 hours life
- Sensors are factory pre-set to monitor from inches away to 32 feet away
- There is a sound option for loud environments, or outdoors
- A universal transformer will handle incoming voltage from 277V to 24V
- Steel powder coated boxes are designed for durability
- Stainless steel units are available
- We can help customize a configuration of Collision Awareness sensors for your warehouse facility
- The result is the reduction, or elimination, of forklift collisions that result in injuries and fatalities
Collision Awareness also offers these lines of Intersection Protection products:
- Door Monitor Sensors to alert office personnel and forklift operators of impending danger.
- Overhead door monitors to help keep high-speed interior doorways safe
- Order Picker and the “FIT’ sensors
- These products monitor mobile order picker lanes of traffic and overhead hazards. The ORDER PICKER is designed to alert fork truck drivers to the presence of order pickers working within a rack row. Each unit has four warning lights; sensors are mounted to detect movement and protect order pickers from unexpected encounters with fork truck drivers and / or other order pickers. The ‘FIT’ height warning sensors alert fork truck drivers of overhead obstacles that may be in the line of an elevated mast. If the sensor beams are broken, the FIT alerts the driver to potential danger. Sensors can be mounted or hung to protect obstacles.
- Dock Watchers and Audible Alerts are designed to monitor one, two, three or four dock doors. It senses motion and warns operators and pedestrians of impending danger. Audible alerts can be installed on specific products
- Please heed this warning when using safety products: The effectiveness of these products is dependent on observation and reaction to the warning provided. It is the user’s responsibility to understand the functionality of any warning device and obey all regulations regarding safe operation of a fork truck as written by OSHA.
The Master Distributor for Collision Awareness in North America is “Save”ty Yellow Products. According To “Save”ty Yellow Products president Dan Gentile, “Collision Awareness products have been installed in a number of major manufacturing plants and distribution centers, with significant success.”
About “Save”ty Yellow:
“Save”ty Yellow Products manufactures safety products to protect employees, facilities, products and machinery from impact by forklift trucks. The product line includes guard rails, column protectors, rack protection, facility protection, handrails and gates, driveway gates, and collision awareness sensors and warning lights.
Visit “Save”ty Yellow Products at www.Save-Ty.com