Powered Aire introduces a new air curtain designed for Ground Level Doors
Powered Aire’s new model LIM is designed to save energy and improve the performance of 12-14 ft. high ground level doors when they are in the open position. An OPEN door is ZERO % effective in stopping air infiltration!
Powered Aire’s LIM will:
- Reduce winter’s cold air from entering the building and help to maintain inside temperature when the door is open
- Reduce summer’s hot humid air from entering the building when the door is open by up to 10 degrees in the surrounding area
- Circulate the inside air around the door opening to improve employee comfort both winter and summer
- Provide insect control
- Reduce dirt and dust year round from entering the building when the door is open
- According to the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), an air curtain can reduce air infiltration at an open doorway by up to 80%, while the operating cost for a non-heated air curtain is minimal. A typical 10 x 14 ground level door in Chicago IL typically costs .45 cent per hour to operate (based on 10 cents per KW). With heating season energy savings of $2,600 based on the door being open one hour per day, Powered Aire’s LIM is the GREEN solution for ground level doors. The typical ROI is less than 2 years.
To found out what the savings will be for your area, download Powered Aire’s Air Curtain Energy Savings Calculator at : www.poweredaire.com/commercial_industrial_air_curtains/calc.htm
For more information on the LIM air curtain contact Powered Aire’s Material Handling/Overhead Door Division toll-free at 888/321-AIRE (2473).