New UHF RFID Tags Optimized for Superior Performance
UPM Raflatac is introducing new optimized DogBone, ShortDipole and Frog RFID products with superior global performance. The updated UHF EPC, Class1 Gen2, products have been enhanced with Impinj's Monza3™ ICs. All three products offer 96-bit EPC memory, exceptional read sensitivity and reliability across long read ranges, making them appropriate for a wide range of applications. Moreover, they function near challenging materials such as metals or liquids and on closely packed products.
UPM Raflatac is also introducing its new item-level tag, Gem, for accessories and cosmetic applications. The Gem is a perfect fit for inventory management of small goods, such as jewellery and watches. The small-sized Gem can be easily read with a handheld or fixed reader.
The selection of new UHF products highlights UPM Raflatac's continuous commitment in further developing and enhancing its product offering. "The improved performance levels of these products enable some completely new applications. And with Gem, we can bring inventory management processes of small goods to a new level," says Samuli Strömberg, Vice President, Marketing, RFID, UPM Raflatac.
"We take great pride in being able to offer these new possibilities to our customers. At the same time, these products continue to support existing customers and their applications using earlier generation products," Strömberg emphasizes.
The new UPM Raflatac RFID products are currently available.
- Antenna size 93 x 23 mm / 3.661 x 0.906"
- General purpose, high-end product for a wide range of supply chain management applications e.g. pallets, cases and item-level use.
- Antenna size 93 x 11 mm / 3.661 x 0.433"
- Cost-efficient and high-performing industry standard product for a wide range of supply chain management applications e.g. pallets, cases and item-level use.
- Antenna size 68 x 68 mm / 2.677 x 2.677"
- Orientation-insensitive, top-performing product ideal for applications where the inlay orientation cannot be controlled.
- Antenna size 10 x 30 mm / 0.394 x 1.181"
- Ideal for inventory management of small goods e.g. jewellery and watches.
For further information, please contact: Samuli Strömberg, Vice President, Marketing, RFID, UPM Raflatac, +358 40 740 9588
About UPM Raflatac
UPM Raflatac, part of UPM's Engineered Materials business group, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of self-adhesive label materials and the world’s number one producer of HF and UHF radio frequency identification (RFID) tags and inlays. UPM Raflatac has a global service network consisting of 14 factories on five continents and a broad network of sales offices and slitting and distribution terminals worldwide. UPM Raflatac employs 2,700 people and made sales of approximately EUR 1 billion (USD 1.4 billion) in 2007. Further information is available at www.upmraflatac.com.