Combilift Straddle Carrier
The Combilift Straddle Carrier has been developed as a cost effective and flexible container handling solution for distribution, shipping and transport companies which even have relatively low throughput levels. It is a much more economical option than using conventional container handling forklifts, reach stackers or mobile cranes, and offers complete independence when it comes to moving containers and similarly oversized products around a site. If an operation handles just six containers a week the return on investment in a Combilift Straddle Carrier is quickly achieved.
The standard Combilift Straddle Carrier is a three wheel patented design model, (a four wheel option is also available). This design ensures maximum stability with all 3 wheels permanently in ground contact even on rougher surfaces without the need to add suspension, making it more economical to manufacture and enabling these cost savings to be passed on to the end user. Although the appearance of the Straddle Carrier is quite different to the Combilift standard 4-way models, many of the features – for example the hydrostatic drive and the hydraulic steering - have been designed around common components. This thought-through approach will enable the existing Combilift dealer network around the world to support the product when it comes to after sales care and maintenance. The design of the 3-wheel model enables it to be disassembled and shipped in just one 40’ container, reducing freight costs for customers to anywhere in the world.
- Lower ground pressure when fully loaded than reach stackers or container handling forklifts. Ideal for operations with poor surfaces.
- Containers can be positioned exactly where required for efficient stuffing/destuffing
- Considerably cheaper than conventional container stackers
- Allows safe ground level stuffing/destuffing
- Can operate over uneven surfaces e.g. railway tracks.
- Eliminates trailers waiting to loaded/unloaded
- Reduces on-site congestion for a safer working environment
- Offers complete independence and flexibility for moving containers wherever needed on site
- Takes just 3 minutes to load a container from the ground onto a vehicle
Some Technical Information
- 70,000 lbs capacity
- Suitable for all standard ISO containers
- Diesel powered with LP Gas engine option
- 2-wheel hydrostatic drive
- Synchronized hydraulic steering
- Super elastic/solid soft tyres for operation in harsh weather conditions
- Low level operator cab with excellent 360 ̊ visibility
- Overall dimensions can be customized to handle non-ISO containers
- Option available to stack containers 2 high
- Front and rear independent side shift
For more information contact Combilift at 877 COMBI 56 or visit www.combilift.com