Tim Clevenger Named Vice President of Marketing and Brand Management for The Papé Group Inc.Thursday, February 5, 2009
EUGENE, OR — Tim Clevenger has been named vice president of marketing and brand management for The Papé Group Inc. He continues to report to Dan Hollingshead, president and CEO of The Papé Group.
“The Papé organization is committed to the marketing process and to differentiating our brand in a highly competitive and commoditized marketplace,” says Hollingshead. “Tim’s new role will ensure we stay competitive with our brand and leverage it to grow our business.”
“Where Tim has taken our brand is exciting,” adds Susie Papé, board chair of The Papé Group Inc. “We’re glad to have Tim expand our marketing and branding initiatives with his skills and experience. He’s a valued member of our executive team.”
Clevenger joined The Papé Group Inc. in 2000 and previously served as director of corporate development. During that time, he was part of the Papé team’s significant acquisition and expansion campaigns for Papé Machinery, Papé Kenworth, Papé Rents, Ditch Witch Northwest and Engineered Products, a Papé Company. He also helped bring The Papé Group companies under a unified Papé brand umbrella and helped make significant gains in customer service with a comprehensive customer satisfaction initiative that includes everything from training to measurement metrics.
Clevenger came to Papé with a 15-year background in advertising and marketing. He has won numerous awards for his advertising work, including three national Telly Awards for best local television and radio non-network commercial.
He is currently on the boards of directors of the University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art, as well as Associated Oregon Industries and Oregon Business Council. He has occupied volunteer leadership positions for numerous community and industry organizations, serving as a trustee for the Lane Community College Foundation, past-president of the University of Oregon Alumni Association, past chair of the Hyster National Marketing Subcommittee, member of the Kenworth dealer marketing group, John Deere marketing-communications committee and the Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Council. In addition, he volunteers his time with FOOD for Lane County and Eugene Mission.
Clevenger earned a master’s degree in business administration from Marylhurst University in Marylhurst, Ore., and a bachelor’s degree in journalism with an emphasis in advertising from the University of Oregon, where he occasionally teaches advertising as an adjunct assistant professor.
About The Papé Group Inc.
Headquartered in Eugene, Ore., The Papé Group Inc. is a holding company for capital equipment dealerships throughout the West. The businesses of The Papé Group sell and service the premier brands of capital equipment used in construction projects, forestry, warehousing/materials handling, trucking and private aviation. Their operations serve seven western states -- from Alaska to California.
- Papé Material Handling Inc. provides sales, service and support for Hyster forklifts, lift trucks, and related material handling equipment.
- Bobcat West is the dealer for Bobcat’s line of skid-steer loaders, compact excavators, track loaders, mini track loaders, all-wheel steer loaders and attachments.
- Ditch Witch Northwest supplies and services Ditch Witch brand trenchers, vibratory plows and horizontal directional drilling equipment.
- Engineered Products, a Papé Company, provides products and services from warehouse design to rack installation to help customers efficiently manage their inventory and distribution operations.
- Papé Machinery is the John Deere and Hitachi dealer for construction and forestry equipment markets.
- Flightcraft services private and corporate aircraft and provides aircraft charters from FBO locations in Portland and Eugene, Ore.
- Papé Rents maintains extensive rental fleets including Hyster forklifts, John Deere backhoes and Genie man lifts at its facilities in Las Vegas, Nev., and Phoenix, Ariz., and serves the rental needs of contractors in these cities.
- Papé Kenworth provides sales, service, leasing, rental and support for Kenworth heavy- and medium-duty trucks.
Since the company was founded in 1938, the cornerstone of all Papé Group operations has been their commitment to providing high quality products backed by consistent, high quality customer service wherever and whenever needed. For more information about The Papé Group Inc., visit www.pape.com.View all Industry News