Steel/Metals Still Backbone of Hoist LiftruckFriday, October 31, 2008
BEDFORD PARK, IL – The core products of Hoist Liftruck have origins dating back to the 1890s with Elwell Parker and 1920s with Silent Hoist & Crane. With its mid‐tilt cylinders, rugged chassis and durable mast, these forklifts were designed to withstand the demanding, harsh nature of the steel/metals industry. Today, even as Hoist Liftruck continues to revisit its roots in the port and intermodal industry, steel/metals still accounts for more than 80% of its business.
“Our forklifts are designed and manufactured with the same core philosophy today as they were 100 years ago,” said Marty Flaska, president of Hoist Liftruck. “Though the designs and technology have changed over the years, the durability and ruggedness have not.”
Hoist Liftruck has recently completed a number of deals in the industry including:
- ArcelorMittal in Lazaro Cardenas, Michoacan Mexico purchased two (2) P‐Series P925 (92,500‐pound capacity) pneumatic forklifts.
- Gerdau Ameristeel purchased two (2) P‐Series P520 (52,000‐pound capacity) pneumatic forklifts for its Calvert City, Kentucky facility. Hoist dealer, Florida Lift Systems, completed the sale.
- Shiloh purchased a FKS Series F400 (40,000‐pound capacity) cushion forklift for its facility in Monterrey Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila Mexico.
- Titan Steel in New Lenox, Illinois purchased an FKS Series F300 (30,000‐pound capacity) cushion forklift. Hoist dealer Midway Industrial completed the sale and will be the servicing dealer.
- Ace Clearwater in Torrance, California purchased an FKS Series F400 (40,000‐pound capacity) cushion forklift. The chassis/counterweight was specially designed to meet the company’s high capacity and limited space needs. Johnson Lift completed the sale and will be the servicing dealer.
- Budway purchased an FKS Series F300 (30,000‐pound capacity) cushion forklift. Toyota Lift of Los Angeles completed the sale and will be the servicing dealer.
- Wahl Refractory in Fremont, Ohio purchased an FKS Series F400 (40,000‐pound capacity) cushion forklift. Towlift completed the sale and will be the servicing dealer.
- American Spring Wire Corp. purchased a P‐Series P220 (22,000‐pound capacity) pneumatic forklift for its Bedford Heights, Ohio facility. Towlift completed the sale and will be the servicing dealer.
The pneumatic P‐Series has a capacity range of 22,000‐110,000 pounds and features a standard Cummins Tier III diesel engine, Dana automatic transmission, AxleTech planetary drive axle, outboard wet disc brakes, wide‐view two‐stage mast, electronic fingertip controls, true inching control, easy‐access service points and RemoteTech vehicle management system. The P‐Series has a variety of wheelbase sizes and load centers for any heavy application.
The cushion FKS Series has a capacity range of 23,000‐100,000+ pounds and features a standard GM V8 engine, Dana automatic transmission, electronic fingertip controls, true inching control, easy‐access service points and RemoteTech vehicle management system. The FKS Series can be outfitted with a variety of mast and attachment options, as well as different counterweight and chassis configurations for any heavy application.
Hoist Liftruck Mfg., Inc. manufactures heavy‐duty lifting products, ranging in capacity from 6.7 tons to 50 tons. Hoist Liftruck manufactures electric, LPG, and diesel cushion tire trucks, platform and die trucks, LPG and diesel pneumatic tire truck and marina pneumatic trucks. Hoist Liftrucks are engineered for the speed, power, and durability required of any heavy industry. With more than 100 years of proven reliability and quality engineering, Hoist provides the preferred lift truck for performance, serviceability and operator comfort.
For more information visit www.hoistlift.comView all Industry News