Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks Offers Operators Tips to Ensure Equipment 'Keeps on Running'Monday, May 18, 2009
HOUSTON, TX — Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks, manufacturer of reliable and affordable forklift trucks for hard-working applications, released its top 10 spring cleaning and maintenance tips to help ensure forklift trucks keep on running through the summer heat.
“Just like an automobile, customers who regularly care for, maintain and inspect their forklifts will find the equipment outlives its standard life expectancy,” said Kevin Krakora, Director, Product Services of Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks. “Proper and regular maintenance can also enhance equipment safety and allow for more efficient and profitable operations due to less down time of the equipment.”
Customers are encouraged to perform the following routine maintenance checks on a regular basis:
- Lubrication System: Check service history and inspect all sealed areas of engine for oil leaks. Some environments may contribute to more frequent service intervals.
- Air Filtration System: Inspect air intake system for proper sealing.
- Electrical System: Inspect the battery, cables, electrical wires and spark plugs for wear and corrosion.
- Cooling System: Check radiator hoses, clamps and cap.
- Transmission: Check transmission fluid for appropriate level, color and odor.
- Braking System: Test brake pedal height and free play operation for proper adjustment.
- Hydraulic System: Check pump, cylinders, hoses and valves for leaks, wear and/or proper settings.
- Front-End System: Inspect forks for cracks, height and appropriate thickness.
- Steering System: Inspect condition of valves, rubber parts and hoses.
- Wheels and Tires: Check front and rear tire pressure. Note any cuts, chunking or shredding.
To further protect the life of equipment, forklift owners should contact a local dealer for additional assistance on performing routine maintenance.
About Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks
Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks are Ready, Reliable and Right on the Money. Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks provides customers with reliable forklift trucks that deliver exceptional value and are ideal for today’s fast-moving material handling applications. Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks feature a selection of forklift truck models, ranging in capacity from 2,200 to 15,500 pounds. For more information on the Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks product line, visit www.mit-lift.com or call 888/MIT-LIFT.