ID WORLD 2009 Bucks the TrendMonday, August 10, 2009
MILAN — Wise Media, organizer of the ID WORLD International Congress, has published advance details of ID WORLD 2009 that show the global event, being held in Milan from November 3 to 5, is going against the downward trend which the event industry is currently experiencing.
Exhibition bookings for ID WORLD 2009, are already up on this time last year and more than 200 speakers from five continents are populating an agenda boasting 19 separate conferences. These facts indicate the eighth ID WORLD International Congress is well on the way to beating past years’ performances, despite the recent economic downturn.
“Confirmed speakers and exhibiting partners tell us the limitations of events which focus on single industry tracks, such as only RFID, biometrics or just security, are swaying their decision in favor of ID WORLD, which has a more holistic approach to the industry,” says Event Director, Federico Faleschini.
He added the event attracts a high CEO attendance irrespective of the economic climate and perhaps even because of it, as they have the chance to share new ways to grow their businesses. ID WORLD saw 56 CEOs speak at the event last year and more are expected to speak and attend this year.
ID WORLD International Congress, the annual conference and exhibition on advanced automatic identification technology, attracts significant numbers of industry leaders and senior government representatives and offers a unique platform for them to share their vision and communicate it to the industry at large. The 2009 event offers one of the most comprehensive conference programs to date, with 19 conferences organized in streams that enable attendees to find the exact information appropriate to their need. In addition, an exhibition and a range of special parallel events, bring extended opportunities for knowledge sharing at the highest level.
ID WORLD Conference highlights
- CEO Vision: an opportunity to tap into the visions of a prestigious panel of chief executive officers from the auto ID industry
- CEO & Investors Forum: an initiative for entrepreneurs, executives, investors, industry and financial analysts involved in automatic identification, to network and do business
- African Government Panel: a delegation of honor of African government representatives to illustrate the current scenario of government-driven national ID schemes and citizen-centric services throughout Africa
- ID WORLD classics: Citizen ID Forum, Transportation Security Forum and Asset Tracking Forum.
- NFC Academy & Exhibition: a high-level technology conference on near field communications and its applications
- Sustainability Summit: a global summit on technologies for zero impact
- QUID Innovation Italy: an established comprehensive summit on automatic identification in Italy.
Facts online at www.idworldonline.com
- Exhibitor listing and floor plan
- Confirmed speaker details
- Conference overview and preliminary agenda.
- Early bird conference registration: September 14, 2009
- ID People Awards nominations: September 10, 2009.
About ID WORLD International Congress
ID WORLD’s comprehensive approach to the evolving world of RFID, biometrics, smart cards, data collection, identity management and technologies and their applications, makes it the only international event that looks at the world of automatic identification as a whole, rather than focusing on a specific technology or vertical market. Since 2002, ID WORLD has enjoyed an impressive track record, growing over the years to annual event that today attracts the most important players of the ID community at industry, end-user and government levels worldwide.
This year’s ID WORLD International Congress will take place in Milan at the Milanofiori Congress Center on November 3rd to 5th and explore the fundamental issues associated with automatic identification in a variety of market segments via three cornerstone initiatives: the Conference, the Exhibition and the Exchange. For full information visit www.idworldonline.comView all Industry News