Global Supply Chain Leaders Attend Aberdeen's Supply Chain Management SummitMonday, January 19, 2009
BOSTON, MA — With the current economic situation, now more than ever supply chain is a core competency that companies have to focus on for cost reduction measures as well as to improve top line revenue. Aberdeen Group, a Harte-Hanks Company (NYSE: HHS), will bring together supply chain executives from around the globe at its annual Supply Chain Management Summit on April 2-3, 2009 in San Francisco, CA.
The theme of this year's conference is Leveraging Supply Chain Processes for Market Leadership and the speakers will address the pressures that supply chain executives are facing in an increasingly global and dynamic trade environment including the need to leverage SCM for competitive advantage in the market, the need to align supply chain strategies with the goals and objectives of the business, the need to use innovation to drive down costs and improve visibility and responsiveness, the need to align the physical and financial supply chains, and the need to drive sustainable and responsible SCM operations. These challenges will be discussed at the conference with an emphasis on multi-enterprise supply chains where supply chains are lengthening at both sides - customers as well as suppliers.
Attendees of this world renowned best practices and networking event for supply chain executives will have the opportunity to identify best practices and obtain actionable recommendations to accelerate their strategies in supply chain management. This event is targeted towards chief supply chain officers, chief technology officers, and senior supply chain, procurement, manufacturing and finance executives from across multiple industry sectors. Current summit presenters include:
- Angel Mendez, SVP, Customer Value Chain Management, Cisco Systems
- Thomas S. Blackstock, former VP of Supply Chain Operations, Coca-Cola North America
- Bill Nienburg, VP Supply Chain, Sara Lee
- Stuart Pann, VP Sales & Marketing, Intel
- Richard Sherman, Founder, Supply Chain Council
- Steve Thompson, VP, Operational Excellence & Supply Chain, Cardinal Health
- Jim Staton, VP, Information Technology, Mutual Distributing Company
- Larry P. Smith, VP, Global Supply Chain, BD
- Michael Obermire, Global SCM Head, USS-POSCO Industries
- General Gus Pagonis, Retired US Army General & World Renowned Supply Chain Expert
"The Aberdeen SCM summit is unique in that it provides a forum for sharing the most recent fact-based research on SCM processes and technologies and supplements it with thought provoking speakers who help validate the findings. Given the economic challenges that companies are facing, it is even more critical that strategies that can help weather this recession and even gain competitive advantage are discussed. We are striving to prioritize and provide a compelling roster of speakers and topics that will help spark creative thinking and help you and your organization gain competitive advantage," says Viswanathan, VP/Principal Analyst.
During the proceedings Aberdeen will also recognize five Best-in-Class organizations as 2009 Aberdeen Achievement Award Recipients for Best-in-Class supply chain accomplishments in the following categories:
- Process Excellence - awarded to enterprise that has demonstrated process ingenuity, agility, flexibility and scalability to address evolving business requirements.
- Executive Stewardship - awarded to enterprise that has overcome tremendous obstacles and achieved new performance heights as a result of direct involvement and leadership from exceptional executive management.
- Business Evolution - awarded to the enterprise that has demonstrated the ability to manage the flow of information across internal and external functional practices to achieve demonstrable business growth.
- Innovation in Technology - awarded to the enterprise that has maximized leveraged technology solutions to solve pressing business issues to positively impact company performance.
- Performance Excellence - awarded to the enterprise that has harnessed the performance impacts of value chain activities and mastered methodologies for financial, operational, and customer-centric performance excellence.
For additional information on the summit, visit http://summits.aberdeen.com/index.php/SCM.html
Technology vendors can sponsor the SCM Summit and showcase their products and services to SCM decision makers. For summit sponsorship opportunities, visit: http://summits.aberdeen.com/index.php/Supply-Chain-Management-Summit/the -scm-summit-sponsorship.html
For access to additional complimentary research from Aberdeen's SCM Research practice, please visit http://research.aberdeen.com/index.php/-supply-chain-management
About Aberdeen Group, a Harte-Hanks Company
Aberdeen is a leading provider of fact-based research and market
intelligence that delivers demonstrable results. Having benchmarked more than 30,000 companies in the past two years, Aberdeen is uniquely positioned to educate users to action: driving market awareness, creating demand, enabling sales, and delivering meaningful return-on-investment analysis. As the trusted advisor to the global technology markets, corporations turn to AberdeenTM for insights that drive decisions. For additional information, visit Aberdeen www.aberdeen.com or call 617/723-7890, or to learn more about Harte-Hanks, call 800/456-9748 or go to www.harte-hanks.com.