The Rental Show 2017 adds entertainment value with Jay Leno as keynoteWednesday, August 31, 2016
When the equipment rental industry gathers for its biggest event at The Rental Show® each year, the atmosphere and energy from thousands of industry professionals in one place can feel almost magical.
For the 2017 show from Feb. 26 to March 1, that sensation will be greater than ever — especially during the show’s major networking event. With the American Rental Association (ARA) returning to its most popular show destination of Orlando, Fla., for The Rental Show, an evening at Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ theme park is on the agenda for Tuesday, Feb. 28. Guests will have exclusive access to three of the park’s most popular attractions. Watch for complete details coming soon.
There also will be a distinctively entertaining feel to The Rental Show’s keynote session on Monday, Feb. 27 — Jay Leno, comedian, author, car builder and longtime host of “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” will serve as keynote speaker.
Leno was a staple of late night television for more than 20 years. After serving as the exclusive guest host for “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” beginning in September 1987, he took over “Tonight Show” hosting duties in 1992. He quickly took his show to the top of the ratings. After retiring from “The Tonight Show” in 2014, Leno started a popular web series focused on his love of cars, “Jay Leno’s Garage,” at jaylenosgarage.com. An avid stand-up comedian, he also makes more than 100 live appearances annually.
The entertaining and enchanting feeling will extend throughout the full schedule of The Rental Show — especially with more than 675 exhibitors bringing their newest and best rental equipment to the North-South Building of the Orange County Convention Center for the trade show from Feb. 27-March 1. Attendees can spend up to 20 total hours on the show floor viewing exhibits in three categories: construction/industrial equipment, general tool/light construction equipment and party/special event equipment. Many exhibitors will be offering Show-Only Specials as well, including exclusive pricing or other deals available only during the trade show in Orlando.
Here’s a look at other highlights of The Rental Show 2017.
• A full day of seminars on Feb. 26, with 22 total educational sessions available throughout the show. Speakers include returning favorites like Steve Abercrombie, Barbara Nuss, CPA, and David McBee, while seminar topics will focus on human resources concerns, succession planning, customer service, digital marketing and more. Always popular, the Rental Town Halls also will return for each equipment segment. Two educational sessions also will be featured on Tuesday morning.
• The construction track just for those in construction or general tool rental returns as well, with sessions focused on aerial work platforms and Tier 4 equipment standards.
• A new employee-focused track of seminars on Sunday will help employees — as well as owners and managers — learn about working with today’s customers, team building, and getting energized for personal and professional success.
• Networking events including the Networking Lunch With ARA, regional receptions, the international reception, and the ARA Foundation Charity Auction and Reception. In addition, the Networking Lounge that debuted for The Rental Show 2016 will return in 2017, at the Hilton Orlando. The ARA Young Professionals Network Reception will be held for those between the ages of 18-40.
• Events & Tents on Saturday, Feb. 25, includes a full day of education and networking specifically for those in party and special event rental and includes a kickoff breakfast focusing on industry trends presented by Matthew Trettel and Bruce Vassar, The Wedding Guys®. In addition, there are 16 educational sessions throughout the day, lunch with entertainment provided by speed painter Tim Decker and a closing session featuring three virtual tours of ARA member businesses. The closing reception will be at Mango’s Tropical Café, a Miami-style club with entertainment, fun and festivities.
Also available are two post-show cruises, a three-night Bahamas cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Majesty of the Seas that departs from Port Canaveral, Fla., and a seven-night Western Caribbean cruise on Holland America’s Oosterdam cruises that departs from Tampa, Fla. Additional details and booking information are online in the “Travel” section at TheRentalShow.com.
Orlando continues to add new restaurants, attractions and experiences, even since The Rental Show was there in 2014. The I-Drive 360 retail, dining and entertainment complex opened on International Drive in 2015 and features the Orlando Eye, a 400-ft. observation wheel that offers views all the way to the Kennedy Space Center on a clear day. New additions at Pointe Orlando include more restaurants and live music venues.
There also are 25 hotels available for The Rental Show through onPeak, ARA’s official housing partner. Hotels offer a variety of price points and amenities, some coming with special offers and benefits at local attractions. Complete details and online booking are available in the “Hotels” section at TheRentalShow.com.
Rental store registration opens on Sept. 6 at TheRentalShow.com, with a special rate of $99 for ARA members available through Oct. 31. This rate includes all three days of trade show, the keynote session and the educational seminars on Feb. 26 and 28.
Additional details about all aspects of the show are at the Show website and in The Rental Show Planner, which ARA members and exhibitors in the U.S. and Canada will be receiving by mail in September.
View all Industry News