Danfoss Drives becomes world’s second largest drives manufacturerFriday, March 18, 2016
Vacon acquisition greatly strengthens product portfolio, application expertise and local presence
With the 2015 acquisition of Vacon Inc., Danfoss Drives has become a global drives powerhouse with more than 5,000 drive specialists in 50+ countries around the world. Combining Vacon and Danfoss resources has created a formidable product portfolio that can now accommodate the needs of energy-intensive industries as diverse as: HVAC, water/wastewater, marine, oil/gas, mining, food/beverage, pulp/paper and chemicals. In North America alone, Danfoss has 8 locations serving the AC drives market, including 3 manufacturing facilities and 3 industry-specific competence and research and development centers.
New Advantages for OEMs and Machine Builders
A combined sales force of 100+ drives specialists in North America allows Danfoss Drives to be closer to the customer in more markets than ever before. This increased collaboration enables Danfoss to pursue a greater level of specialization and provide more creative customized solutions for unique application needs. Key customer benefits include:
• Greater depth and breadth of products and services
• Deeper industry-specific knowledge and application engineering
• Stronger supply capacity
• Doubled customer service support
Leading the new organization is Tom Doring, Head of Danfoss Drives – Americas, Vice President, Danfoss and former President of Vacon Inc. “The combination of two great companies – Danfoss and Vacon – has created the second largest drives company in the world,” said Doring. “It is an exciting time as we begin to introduce the new Danfoss Drives to existing and future customers.”
New Advantages for Distributors
With a combined 68 years of drive application knowledge and an installed base of 18.5 million drives, Danfoss Drives is uniquely positioned to support distribution partners.
• ISO 9001 and ISO 14001certification and TS16469 compliance assure that distributors’ needs are met consistently, and that Danfoss products comply with applicable regulations.
• Combined production and R&D units in 7 countries ensure Danfoss has the capacity to meet growing global demand for infrastructure, food supply, energy efficiency and climate-friendly solutions.
• Expanded logistical capabilities are driving faster product delivery while reducing environmental impact.